In the mean time, here are some recent photos from the Pope? Nope! protest here in London. I really enjoyed it. Being amongst like minded folk in such number was fun.
I shot stills and video and spliced it all together as a film for Demotix.
I'll show the film at the end of this post. In the mean time I'll post some photos that I like. I always approach these kinds of protest marches as a street photographer rather than a straight news operator. It requires a different mindset I think.
The news gatherer needs stand out shots that are basic, strong, confrontational and direct to illustrate a story. A street photographer, on the other hand, can linger a little and wait for photos to emerge. It's more a gathering process. A waiting game. For the news bod it's a hunt. A more frenzied affair looking for the telling shot, the bold aggression perhaps, or even setting something up with demonstrators and their banners.
Here goes;
And here's the film;
More soon. In the interim, please take a look at my new layout at PaulTreacy.com
No comments:
Post a Comment