26 April 2010

PARKOUR IS GO!

Well, my PARKOUR DOCUMENTARY ambitions were taking rather a long time to manifest as a result of not having sufficient capital and seeking start up funding from traditional sources these days is, quite frankly, an exercise in futility.

So I have decided upon a new route that utilizes all the tools we have come to rely on in our everyday lives in the 21st century, social networking and crowd sourcing.

I have outlined my needs and plans at INVESTED.IN, a new kind of fundraising for independent film and the like.

I need to scrape a few ducats together for a new high definition camera and microphone. I have all the lenses I need and can easily adapt them for the new camera.

Here is a little recruitment film I made five months ago on the Southbank for my project;

Parkour Project from Paul Treacy on Vimeo.



And here are some stills from that shoot;

PARKOUR - Images by Paul Treacy

Even a dollar helps.

Many thanks.
Paul Treacy

Stills: PAULTREACY.COM
Video: VIMEO.COM/CHANNELS/PAULTREACY
BBC Viewfinder: THE PHOTOHUMOURIST

2 comments:

Damon Coulter said...

It looks good Paul. Great motion and the stills are powerful too, great light that day and you caught the moment. Reminds me of bouldering days with my mates when i climbed a lot in the UK. We would just find a piece of rock that held endless opportunities and play and play until our muscles and fingers ached and the light had gone. Then we retreat to the pub and plan some more. Miss those days. Got that from your short film so it gets the message across. Nice work. Damon

treacyphoto said...

Damon, thanks.

Bouldering, now that's something I never had the guts to do. Climbed a few big hills and small mountains but not the cliff stuff. Vertigo gets me when things get too steep. Nor do I like small spaces.

Otherwise I'm relatively hard.

Your blog's been busy again. Good to see.