11 March 2010

Messing with logo again

Messing with my logo again. I'm hoping to communicate, photographer & filmmaker, hence the play button.

The only problem is that it's not serious. I'm a mixed bag as a photographer. I'm both a street photographer with an off kilter bent and a serious assignment photographer. The serious bit gets lost in this logo, I think.

Please let me know what you think of it. Whether or not I'm flogging a dead horse here. Whether or not I should just kill the idea and just use type. Let me know.



Please email me at PHOTO@PAULTREACY.COM or comment below.

Thanks a million.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

err..it seems a bit complicated to me...:$...

Damon Coulter said...

Hiya Paul! Sorry for the silence, been busy of late and not all good busy either! Anyway I think the logo is not needed, perhaps for the blog as that s aclled photohumourist the humour is clear, I liked the camera one without the play button. Many people people who produce multimedia just have it as a tab on their site, they might have it in the byline eg "photographer and multimedia filmmaker" or something like that. But it needs no more explaining, you films are great and they are out there, you'll get justifiably well down for them it is not necessary to get the message across in a logo. People hire photographers who do multimedia after all, not the other way round. I think you are getting really good at using all the media there is to promote yourself so perhaps should start trading on your name more and more. Glad the funk of a few years ago (remember that lightstalkers' "suicide" note) has passed, you are mr motivation now. Good to see!
Damon