23 July 2007

Traceurs in Central Park

Finally, life is beginning to settle down a bit again after many weeks of chaos. I hope to be gathering in lots of new humorous material over the remaining weeks of summer.

I finally managed to get started on my Parkour project. Some people call it Free Running or Extreme Running but these are quite different, apparently. Free Running and Extreme Running are about exhibitionism, whereas Parkour is about efficiency, economy of movement etc..

Anyway, here's a shot from my first shoot on the subject...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot Paul! They just had a commercial on Japanese TV for some shoe company (I don`t know which so it obviously didn`t work well enough) that showed free-runners jumping around Tokyo. I used to rock climb and the dyno skills and sheer bottle these guy have is amazing! Don`t think I`d quite make the cut nowadays if I were to jump off a building. I used to bounce when I climbed (or rather fell) these days I`m sure i`d splatter. But good luck with the project. Is that legal in NYC because not much seems to be recently?
Damon

Anonymous said...

Hey cool thats me! Nice photos you took though, came out nice!