04 August 2011

Blog Update and Summertime Water Fight

It's time to reawaken this blog. I have decided on it's purpose.

Not so long ago I established The X100 Files as a venue for my street photography endeavours with my FujiFilm X100. I also co-founded the UK Street Collective with colleagues, Richard Baker and Justin Sainsbury which is also a blog to which I post regularly. So my postings here have been few and far between for quite a while now. But that is about to change.

I've been trying to figure out what to do with my two online identities, Paul Treacy and Photohumourist. Well, I've figured it out.

Having just been accepted as an independent publisher on Apple's iBookstore, which turned out to be a rather drawn out process for me for all manner of reasons, I have formulated a plan. I will, over the coming months, be publishing as many as six ebooks in THE PHOTOHUMOURIST series. Several will be new ebook editions of previous print books, including Woofers: Dogs & Their People, Observing The Flag and most recently, Mixed Messages.

I will also publish a substantial body of work called, Stroll NYC which will showcase my best material from 1994-2008 with Stroll London to follow later, perhaps sometime in the first half of 2012.

For now Mixed Messages is available in print and as an eBook but not available yet at the iBookstore. The iBookstore version will be slightly different with some additional material. Expect to see my iBookstore publications from September (2011).

Right, lets look at some photos.

© PAUL TREACY 2011. All Rights Reserved





These photos were made with a Nikon D200 and 19-35mm Tokina lens.

My family and I will be heading to Ireland shortly but I hope to post here again before I go with news of the first of the iBookstore releases. I don't expect I'll get much work done on holidays. I will, I expect, make lots more pictures like these ones.

Paul.
Post a Comment