04 April 2011

The X100 FILES is now live

Hello there.

I will be posting less often here from now on.

I was always a little unsure of where this blog was going and what purpose it served me. It has always been a bit all over the place.

Recently, however, I purchased the new FujiFilm FinePix X100 camera and it's a sublime piece of equipment. It's everything I hoped it would be. I haven't had the pleasure of using such a camera since the Konica Hexar RF 35 fixed lens piece of magic many years ago. I made some of my best work with that little thing. Since Konica's photo business was taken over by Sony, many hoped that they'd release a digital version of that camera.

I certainly did.

But it never happened.

I came close to committing to a Leica M9 but just could not justify the enormous expense to myself or my family. But then came news of this amazing development happening over at Fuji.

I got tremendously excited and as soon as pre-orders were being accepted, I booked mine.

So from a blogging perspective I now have a focus. I will do most of my blogging now at The X100 Files. I hope you'll come join me there for weekly postings of mostly my street photography.

Thank you for your time.

Paul Treacy

PaulTreacy.com
Post a Comment