21 May 2010

NEW CAMERA

Well, I got tired of waiting. Waiting for monies to fall into place. I would have been waiting for ever, quite likely. You know how it is. There's always something that gets in the way and throws you off kilter some.

So I stuck it on the card. I need to get moving on my PARKOUR PROJECT now that I've started fundraising for it and the weather's looking good. Got the camera, a short zoom and a microphone system. The short zoom is to keep me going while I wait for the lens adapter for my Nikon manual primes.

I decided on the Olympus E-PL1. I love its size. It is capable of great stills and video quality and the E-PL1 is a tad better on old legacy prime lenses than the E-P1 and E-P2 apparently. And it has the direct record button.

It will also be a great street camera, I hope. I've not had a small street camera since my old Hexar. If only Sony would consider building a digital one having taken over Konica.

Anyway, after a few days testing the new camera I shall begin setting up some dates with traceurs, i.e., practitioners of PARKOUR.

I'll post back real soon once I get a feel for this new unit.

PAULTREACY.COM
Post a Comment